Nestor Cohenca, DDS, FIADT, is a skilled endodontist practicing at Prime Endodontics in Kirkland, Washington.
Dr. Cohenca completed the endodontic program at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem cum laude and received the Best Graduate Student Award. He then served 11 years on faculty at the school while maintaining a private practice limited to endodontics. From 2003 to 2005 he served as a clinical assistant professor and coordinator of Trauma and Sports Dentistry at University of Southern California. Thereafter, Dr. Cohenca joined the University of Washington where he completed his endodontic certificate in 2008 and served as Tenured Professor of Endodontics and Pediatric Dentistry from 2005-2014.
Currently he serves as Professor at the University of Washington, Professor and Director of Endodontics and the Multidisciplinary Traumatology Unit at Seattle Children’s Hospital and maintain a private practice limited to Endodontics in Kirkland, WA. He is a Diplomate of the Israel Board of Endodontics and the American Board of Endodontics. Dr. Cohenca is a Fellow and Past-President of the International Association of Dental Traumatology and received an honorary membership to Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society. He has published more than 90 peer-reviewed articles, 10 chapters and a book entitled “Disinfection of Root Canal Systems: The Treatment of Apical Periodontitis”. Dr. Cohenca provided more than 250 lectures around the world and am well known as one of the experts in dental traumatology, Endo-Pedo related topics, vital pulp therapy, CBCT and root canal disinfection.
- 1997 – 2000 Treasurer, Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity, Jerusalem Chapter.
- 1998 – 2000 Treasurer, The Israel Endodontic Society.
- 2000 – 2002 Secretary, The Israel Endodontic Society.
- 2002 – 2004 Vice President, The Israel Endodontic Society.
- 2004 – 2005 President, The Israel Endodontic Society.
- 2000 – 2005 National Board of Examiners in Endodontics. The Scientific Council of the Israel Dental Association.
- 2008- Member of Editorial Board. Journal of Dental Traumatology.
- 2008-2016 Associate Editor. Journal of Dental Traumatology.
- 2008- Scientific Reviewer. International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants.
- 2009 Guest Editor for a special issue in “Contemporary Endodontics”.
- 2009- Scientific Advisory Board. Journal of Endodontics.
- 2012-2018 Director and Board Member. International Association of Dental Trauma.
- 2012-2013 Imaging Track Chair. Annual Meeting 2013. American Association of Endodontics.
- 2012-2013 Trauma Guidelines Committee. American Association of Endodontics.
- 2012- Scientific Advisory Board. Journal of Medicina Oral, Patologia Oral, Cirugia Bucal.
- 2012- Scientific Advisory Board. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Dentistry.
- 2012-2018 Chair. IADT Sponsorship Committee.
- 2012-2016 Chair. IADT Education Committee.
- 2014- Developer and Moderator of IADT Discussion Group Forum. Facebook.
- 2014 – 2016 President-Elect. International Association of Dental Traumatology.
- 2014- Founder and Moderator. Facebook Discussion Group on Dental Trauma.
- 2015-2018 Chair. Organizing Committee for 2018 IADT International Congress.
- 2016-2017 AAE Committee on Pre-Doctoral Endodontic Education.
- 2017- Member. IADT Trauma Guidelines Committee.
- 2016-2018 President. International Association of Dental Traumatology.
- 2018-2020 Past-President. International Association of Dental Traumatology.